A good quality review will allow you to have, and in many cases to publish, a global and complete vision of the literature available on the topic.
Which intervention or which medication is more cost-effective? Can the system afford to pay for it? At what price should it be sold? Without a doubt, pharmacoeconomic studies are the best tool to guide decision making in health
Burden of disease studies
They help identify needs and opportunities for the development and implementation of health-related programs as well as for the inclusion of new technologies
Format completion for inclusion in the Colombian benefit Plan
For the inclusion of new technologies, the Ministry of Health requires certain specific methods established by IETS in 2018. A strict series of steps must be followed that usually include a systematic review, a meta-analysis, an economic evaluation and a budget impact analysis.
Our team has important experience in the completion of these formats, and several of our analyzed products have been considered by regulatory entities
The continuous development of technologies around health, and the growing amount of publications in scientific literature make integrative research a very useful tool for clinical practice. In this case, evidence-based recommendations allows us to address research questions, to gather information from other studies, and to use standardized methodologies.
On the other hand, variability in the clinical practice depends on many factors such as the variability in clinical and therapeutic decisions by medical staff, availability of resources in the health sector, and the system´s own characteristics.
Thus, the two main reasons for developing evidence-based recommendations are:
They allow the clinician a solid guideline for decision-making in health care in specific clinical scenarios, adapted to the local contexts, and including the best evidence to guide their own clinical experience.
They allow health providers and insurers the possibility of guiding their policies and behaviors based on the best possible scientific arguments.
We develop tools for gathering and analyzing data for an adequate management of the information and timely decision making, with intuitive and interface friendly results, for our clients
Completion of Invima formats
NeuroEconomix, with its extensive experience in conducting epidemiology and pharmacoeconomics studies and with a comprehensive knowledge of the health system, offers a comprehensive service to fill out and submit forms to the National Drug Surveillance Institute (INVIMA) of Colombia, in order to to obtain existing health or renewal records.
The trend in legislation, especially Article 72 (“gateway”), shows how it is increasingly important to take into account, from the beginning, pharmacoeconomic aspects when processing the entry of a technology into our country. For this reason, you will require a solid interdisciplinary technical team at the time of making these applications.
Our service includes the following points:
1. Review of legal information in accordance with the requirements required by INVIMA.
2. Preparation of legal documents (authorizations, permits, declarations).
3. Organization of the dossier for submission to INVIMA.
4. Presentation and follow-up (periodic) of the procedure before INVIMA. It includes preparation of reports to the client of the status of the application for sanitary registration.
5. Request meetings, if necessary, with the coordinators of the group of medicines and medical devices.
6. Notification of the resolution that ends the process.
7. Includes preparation of report to the client, if necessary.
Other activities can be included, such as:
1. Review of advertising material.
2. Revision of labels and insert of products
3. Sanctions proceedings (review of documents, meetings in INVIMA, answer of administrative acts)
4. Consultations related to the application of sanitary norms and consumer protection regarding medications and medical devices.
Adoption and update of evidence-based CPG:
4 Key reasons to update or adopt
1. Physicians will follow management criteria based on the best evidence possible
2. You will use the best therapeutic options for your patients, according to reasonable efficient management algorithms
3. Your institution will be better positioned by presenting the best clinical outcomes
4. You will optimize the use of resources since you will work with standardized treatment protocols
Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPG) are a set of recommendations developed systematically, based on the best evidence available, clinical experience and the patient´s perspective, to guide health professionals in their decision-making under specific clinical circumstances. CPG intend to decrease unjustified variability in the clinical practice, improve service quality for the benefit of the patients, and generate a more efficient use of resources.
NeuroEconomix and its Evidence-Based Medicine offers the most complete and rigorous processes for the adaptation or adoption of CPGs for your institution.