NeuroMarketing for your clients' right brain: Why it works and six keys to implement it
By: Camilo Castañeda
Our two cerebral hemispheres are two different worlds, which do a great complementary job. While the law is holistic, spatial, emotional and metaphorical. The left is numerical, sequential, logical and concrete.
Most strategists focus on developing plans to impact the left brain, forgetting about the enormous influence and involvement of the right. In addition, they leave out the fact that emotions have a huge influence on what we decide on a daily basis.
According to Susan Weinschenk, a professor of cognitive psychology at the University of Wisconsin, only 2% of the information our mind processes is carried out in the conscious and rational brain. The rest takes place in the unconscious.
With this in mind (so to speak), our ability to make rational decisions is quite limited. Most of our behavior, tastes and decisions are plagued with emotions and subjectivity. It is not very encouraging, but to ignore it would be a big mistake.
For this reason, knowing the emotional profiles and key aspects of the clients' right brain becomes essential to design winning communication, access and marketing strategies.
Take a close look at the behavior of your customers and ask yourself the following questions, do not expect anyone to answer them, you should do it yourself:
- How is he perfect customer profile for my organization? What kind of person do I want him to be? In and out of business? What do I want you to see and appreciate?
- Which are the emotions that move my current clients? What is your biggest fear? What is your greatest wish? What would make them happy?
- Which are the values what moves this person? Does it make sense of social service or are your mobiles purely financial? What are their real motives?
- Which is the ultimate end or result that they don't explicitly mention but are they really looking for?
- How I know they feel When clients are with me, is there empathy? Is there a lack of empathy? How do I feel when I am with them?
Remember that the emotions you experience when talking to other people determine the implicit messages, attitudes and gestures that you transmit to them and vice versa. In other words, if for some reason you do not feel comfortable or do not like something about a person and you do not know what it is, it is very likely that the emotions of that person towards you are not the best, or vice versa.
- What do I want my perfect client Wait from my? Quality? Saving? Experience? Innovation?
Answering this question will allow you know what you are good at and first attract customers who value that or those qualities above the rest.
“The clearer you have from the beginning what you want your perfect customer expect from you, more of them will appear fast and easy. "
Stacy Hall and Jan Brogniez in their book “Attracting perfect costumers"